Author: Kris Lodhi
Fruit Filled Lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Squeezed Lemons
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 5 1/3 cups Water
- 1 cup Fresh Mangoes or Strawberries, diced
- Water to strength
- Fruit and mint for garnish
- Juice your lemons.
- Put your sugar in the water and stir to dissolve.
- Pop mangoes or strawberries into a blender with about half of the lemon juice and puree.
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with frozen fruit, fresh fruit, or lemon slices.
If you really want to ramp up the lemon flavor, make a simple syrup with 1 cup of the water, 1 cup of the sugar, and the peel of one lemon (not the pith!) Boil it all together until the sugar dissolves, then continue with the recipe as previously stated.
Watermelon & Lime Vodka Cooler
- 5 oz. coconut water
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup vodka citron (citrus flavored vodka)
- ½ cup triple sec
- mint for garnish
- In a blender purée the watermelon pieces and strain the purée through a very fine sieve set over a pitcher, discarding the solids. (There should be about 2-1/3 cups juice). Stir in the vodka, the Triple Sec, and the lime juice, coconut water, pour the cooler into long-stemmed glasses filled with ice cubes, and garnish each drink with a watermelon slice and mint.