Author: Kris Lodhi
This spiked apple cider is an all-time family favorite. It’s a delicious way to celebrate apples with their seasonal flavors. I like to premake my spiced apple cider and store it in the refrigerator for easy and quick serving. It can be enjoyed hot or cold, spiked or without libation.
Serving Size 1
- 1-ounce spiced rum (bourbon pairs nicely if your spiced apple cider has orange in it. Add this just before serving)
- 1 cup premade spiced apple cider
- ¼ teaspoon pure maple syrup if more sweetener is desired
- 1 slice apple
- 1 cinnamon stick
- whip cream is optional (for hot version).
- Fill mug or glass (16 ounces) quarter way with ice (for cold version). Top with rum and add your spiced apple cider. Stir well.
- Garnish with an apple slice, cinnamon stick, and whip cream (for hot version).
- For a hot version, heat apple cider in the microwave or stovetop before adding to mug.
- This spiked apple cider recipe above makes one serving, but can easily be doubled. Remember to add your alcohol right before serving.
Spiced Apple Cider Recipe
1 bottle apple cider (about 64oz)
3 cinnamon sticks
8 whole clove
8 allspice berries
3 star anise
2 tsp vanilla extract (add after simmering)
1 orange just the juice
¼ tsp nutmeg
Directions: Bring the cider and spices to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
This can be made ahead of time and stores nicely in the refrigerator.