Author: Kris Lodhi
This spiked apple cider is an all-time family favorite. It’s a delicious way to transition to fall with its seasonal flavors. I like to premake my spiced apple cider and store it in the refrigerator for easy and quick serving. It can be enjoyed hot or cold, spiked or without libation.
- 1 ounce spiced rum (bourbon pairs nicely if your spiced apple cider has orange in it)
- 1 cup premade spiced apple cider
- ¼ teaspoon pure maple syrup if more sweetener is desired
- 1 slice apple
- 1 cinnamon stick
- whip cream is optional (for hot version).
- Fill mug or glass (16 ounces) quarter way with ice (for cold version). Top with rum and add your spiced apple cider. Stir well.
- Garnish with an apple slice, cinnamon stick, and whip cream (for hot version).
- For a hot version, heat apple cider in the microwave or stovetop before adding to mug.
- This spiked apple cider recipe above makes one serving, but can easily be doubled, tripled.
Spiced Apple Cider Recipe
- 1 bottle apple cider (about 32oz)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole clove
- 8 allspice berries
- 3 star anise
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (add after simmering)
- 1 orange just the juice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
Directions: Bring the cider and spices to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
This can be made ahead of time and stores nicely in the refrigerator.